Narrowband

white rainbow ????

very very strange. never seen anything like it, just come out of the house 18.00 and thought wow the garden looks light, turns out its the moon lighting the way. i then looked to the west and could clearly see a full white rainbow, the inner section was dark and the outer was brighter and the white rainbow separating the 2. has anyone ever seen this before ad does it have a name ? amazing sight

The Moon can create a rainbow when there's sufficient moisture in the air.  I wonder if that might have been it?  Certainly would be consistent with the Moon being in the east and you looking towards the west.

James

The Moon can create a rainbow when there's sufficient moisture in the air.  I wonder if that might have been it?  Certainly would be consistent with the Moon being in the east and you looking towards the west.

James

deffinately related to that, have you ever seen one james or heard of it ?

deffinately related to that, have you ever seen one james or heard of it ?

I read about them on Wikipedia a while back when I was hunting for information on moon dogs.  Until then I had no idea they existed.  I guess it makes sense that they might be able to occur, but I'd never thought of it.

Sadly I've never seen either.  I'm most envious :)

James

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived