Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 87% [2015.11.22]

1CM69

Nice, something else to learn then [emoji57]

Thanks for the tip

Sent from my 6+ using Tapatalk

Odd. I have just noticed that when I reply to a post on this forum using the Tapatalk iOS app, it puts my username as 1CM6901, see above, instead of 1CM69.

I do not have an account 1CM6901 although that is me in the avatar image.

Not sure whether this is a Tapatalk or Stargazers issue.

I am unable to login using that username to even delete posts.

Nice one. Not sure which artefacts you mean, but stacking in AS!2 works best for me if I use many automatically chosen alignment points.

In my above image when viewed full size, these type of artifacts:

Artifact 1

Top right in above image

Artifact 2

Left centre in above image

Yes, I noticed the artifacts once looked! You should select the "surface" and "Crop" in Image Stabilization. Try using "MIn Bright" around 25, and "Ap Size"  60. The ideal is to have between 400-600 points of alignment and they must cover the image completely. I use the image" conv "to work, that already out pre processed AS! 2 deposed process she just using Photofiltre and Fitswork, never use Registax still have achieved satisfactory results Here's a link to see a picture made the way I described http://www.astrobin.com/full/227391/0/

Down a print of how to use the AS! 2.

And here a link to a tutorial AS 2 but in Portuguese: http://astroavani.no.comunidades.net/tutorial-as2

To the moon equals simply activate the "surface" option as I have mentioned!

post-36599-0-77773400-1448511352_thumb.p

Yes, I noticed the artifacts once looked! You should select the "surface" and "Crop" in Image Stabilization. Try using "MIn Bright" around 25, and "Ap Size"  60. The ideal is to have between 400-600 points of alignment and they must cover the image completely. I use the image" conv "to work, that already out pre processed AS! 2 deposed process she just using Photofiltre and Fitswork, never use Registax still have achieved satisfactory results Here's a link to see a picture made the way I described http://www.astrobin.com/full/227391/0/
Down a print of how to use the AS! 2.
And here a link to a tutorial AS 2 but in Portuguese: http://astroavani.no.comunidades.net/tutorial-as2
To the moon equals simply activate the "surface" option as I have mentioned!

Thank you for the tips, just running the subs through AS2! again to see.

Stunning Moon image by the way.

Nope, that was disastrous, basically the whole image was covered in large out-of-focus squares the size of the AP.

I did notice that when Analyzing the frames the new version of AS2! thew an alignment error and automatically switched on tracking, (excerpt from log file):

2015-11-26 11:57:00.120 Retrying with improved tracking. Tracking was lost 16 times2015-11-26 11:57:02.587 Check alignment anchor, tracking was lost 2 times

I am wondering if PIPP is not accurate enough for AS2! or I am missing something when running sub through PIPP.

Time to keep trying.

At last I got an output from AS2! without any artifacts, it was of course no fault of AS2!, it was in fact the weakest link in the process, yours truly  :embarrassed:

A few of my 17 original subs had shown some movement, to be expected when imaging by hand & not tracker, and quite simply I chose to keep all frames output through PIPP, thinking that PIPP would rectify all alignment issues.

Sadly I found that PIPP can do so much but my subs were just that bit far off.

I set PIPP to only keep 40% of best frames, which left me with an output of 6 to use in AS2!.

I ran these 6 through AS2! as per astroavani's settings and I got a perfect result, brilliant, so pleased now & I have learned something else.  :laugh:

I actually spoke too soon.

I decided to try and do some wavelet action in registax on the image, then I noticed just a couple of these artefacts when raising the sharpening level, so they were still there but just more obscure.

This time I ran my subs through PIPP once again but this time converted the output to mono and not colour.

Opening the output image in PS and zooming right in, I cannot see any artefacts now.

It would seem that RGB alignment may have been the issue in AS2!

Sent from my 6+ using Tapatalk

Archived