SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Televu Delite series-bit the bullet

baggywrinkle

I read the review in the latest S@N mag and bit the bullet and order all three in the new range plus a Powermate 2.5x

So 7, 11, & 18.2 mm

S@N gave them a 5/5.

A colleague of mine is coming over from the US next month and I am getting them shipped to his US home address.

So with a good exchange rate they will be well priced.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is The Sky at Night Magazine, sort of took the name from the long running TV program.

I too may well step into the game if they make a 4mm, I feel 3mm is a bit short for me having had a the Radian for over two years.

I'd think hard before I switched from the Radian's Alan. I think they are really good eyepieces and a steal for £100 or less which seems to be their used price now.

It is The Sky at Night Magazine, sort of took the name from the long running TV program.

I too may well step into the game if they make a 4mm, I feel 3mm is a bit short for me having had a the Radian for over two years.

Presume they'll fill the range out with something like 15mm, 13mm, 9mm, 5mm and 4mm (give or take a few mm). Televue dealer I was speaking to the other day thought they'd also do something around 20/21mm - and that would be it.

...... I wish I could be certain that something else is better.

Thats always the quandary - and enough better to be worth some additional investment.

Having tried quite a lot of decent eyepieces it seems to me that often it's a case of moving from one set of characteristics to another set of slightly different ones. The actual performance differences between quality eyepiece ranges are getting smaller and smaller.

I have concluded that to me being able to see the whole field in comfort is important even if this results in a slightly smaller field.

I tend to agree that the Delos seem on a par only with Radians albeit after a very short and slightly cursory viewing period

Too big though in my bino !

Wish they'd bring back a newly designed Panoptic in the 10 -15 mm range.

Just curious, why would such a Panoptic be more advantages than TV plossls or orthos?

It will have about the same eye relief as plossl, shorter than orthos, bulkier than both, only advantage is bigger field of view, which is not something must-have in a driven mount for planetary binoviewing IMHO.

Maybe not pertinent to the general discussion, but going back to baggy wrinkle's original post, why do astronomy magazines do reviews of gear that was launched ages ago? It's like the current issue of What Car road testing the Ford Granada.

Well almost.

Though I've not written for magazines, only for this forum, but I can tell you that doing a thorough review takes quite a long time - months often :rolleyes2:

Though I've not written for magazines, only for this forum, but I can tell you that doing a thorough review takes quite a long time - months often :rolleyes2:

Fair comment John, though I bear the scars of having been a magazine editor for many years - including a couple of car magazines - where the competition to be first with a road test or news has always been fierce.

The said EP's and Powermate have arrived at their US destination, now waiting for my colleague to do the Trans Atlantic run...should have them by second week of December.

I bought through B&H, I did try Adorama, both had similar prices but the Adorama site would not accept a UK postcode (even though UK was selected as a billing country) or a US postcode???

Archived