Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

strange stars

ultramol

It looks like, especially if this is a single sub, that the scope was nudged - maybe by a bit of wind or you stepping by it, which causes those spikes on top of the usual trails. They become more blurry at the edges of the image because of spherical aberration - present in virtually every reflector scope, and fixed with a coma corrector.

What ISO/exposure length are you using? Because the light pollution is becoming close to saturated in that image, which would be very difficult to edit out.

Its just one of my 30, 60 second subs, They are all the same. This is my first attempt at andromeda with a dslr and light pollution is a problem for me. It is not guided I am at present trying to process it in PS and it looks a lot better than the sub. A bit of detail in the galaxy, not much but first go. I thought it might be a focus problem though I used a bahtinov mask and it seemed bang on. I think I will start with globular clusters and see if I can get my stars right. I will show you were I am up to, we all have to start somewhere.... :huh: This is thirty subs and only 1 dark as my camera played up.

post-32734-0-94469000-1444755888_thumb.j

If you only have one dark don't use it. You will add more noise than you take away.

There is some nice detail there but the odd trails do show up on the brighter stars. The core is blown out, you need to be careful when stretching not to push everything to the right.

A light pollution filter may help, the sky glow looks orange so a UHC-S should strip that nasty sodium light glow out of there just leaving stars and DSO's ;)

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived