Narrowband

First Test Image with RASA/Atik 11000

skygeezer

I finally got an adapter made, purchased the LP filter that Celestron offers for this astrograph and got my first set of 9, three minute subs of M31. I wanted to see what the size of the FOV would be and I was really amazed! Anyway, it was partly cloudy at Starizona last Saturday and the light pollution dome of Tucson was a big factor so I had to throw out three of my subs. But, for a total of 27 minutes of data and some quick processing, I think this system shows some promise.

I had been posting my Hyperstar images here last fall and since December the weather has been not very cooperative here in southern Arizona due to El Nino. I promised to post my first image taken with the RASA and here it is, albeit a test image. Once I gather a couple of hours' data, I hope to have a much nicer image.

Thanks for looking...

Curt

post-39844-0-58327700-1444703633_thumb.j

Archived