SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron Skymaster DX 8 x 56 binoculars

Knighty2112

Hi all. I am looking to hopefully get some Celestron Skymaster DX 8 x 56 binoculars at some point in December (self Christmas gift! Hehe!), and was wondering if anyone on the forum has them already, and if so what are they like? I have some Celestron Skymaster 15 x 70 binoculars already which I am well happy with, but want a good smaller pair to be able to use for wider views and to hold easier for longer when viewing the night sky, and these seem to tick all the boxes as far as I can see, and am loath to spend anything over the £200 mark for any binos, regardless of how good their optics maybe.

OK, after all that I've gone for a cracking deal on some 7 x 50 Strathspeys Marine binoculars instead as they are currently on offer via eBay by Strathspey themselves for just £89.99. That's £20 saving on the normal price, and £70 less than the cheapest price I've seen for the Celestron binoculars. These were initially my first choice after research, and a Sky at Night 1st choice review a few years ago, so hopefully they will live up to expectations. Fingers crossed!

Archived