Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Caroline's Rose

MattJenko

That's fantastic, thanks for posting. Coincidentally, I was looking for this in my binoculars last night. A very successful and enjoyable night, but Caroline's Rose was one that completely eluded me. It's great to see what I missed. Having seen your photo, I'll persevere with this one! Paul.

Very nice image. Beautiful colours. Caroline's Rose is one of my favourite objects not least because I found it in the sky with binoculars before I looked it up and discovered what it was. It is quite a faint object through bins, Size9Hex, so I'm not surprised it eluded you. I can quite often only see it with averted viewing.

Very nice image. Beautiful colours. Caroline's Rose is one of my favourite objects not least because I found it in the sky with binoculars before I looked it up and discovered what it was. It is quite a faint object through bins, Size9Hex, so I'm not surprised it eluded you. I can quite often only see it with averted viewing.

Thanks Ouroborus. It's still a new hobby for me, and I'm still learning what sort of things on my sky map are likely to be visible, and which ones probably won't be. It's useful to read comments like yours above. Much appreciated. Paul.

Thanks all. I only found this myself when studying a 50mm DSLR widefield I did of Cassiopeia at Kelling, and saw a few things I didn't know, so looked them up. This object was one of them. I do love some of the names given to these and was interested in Caroline Herschel's contributions, as I had not heard for her being an astronomer in her own right before. Turns out, this OC is absolutely magnificent!

It's the Orange cluster to the right of Caph in my image below.

0669dc3fcdf7189c481286d3ea8389ef.620x0_q

Archived