Narrowband

New AVX Mount Won't Turn On

vestris

So I just got my new avx mount and 8" sct. After I setup everything up, to see if it worked, I went to plug in the power supply and flipped the on switch and nothing. The cable was locked in and the powertank was on but the mount wouldn't turn on. I've tried looking up to see if other people have had this problem and I found almost nothing. I followed the manual which left a lot to be desired and no luck. The only thing I'm thinking is that maybe the powertank didnt have enough power to start the mount but that would be odd since the led light on the powertank indicated that it was fully charged (and the front two lights came on). Any thoughts? I did see one post that said something about the leads not being far enough apart out of box, something like the power adaptor couldn't reach both sides or something, I'm not very technical. I don't think the cable connecting the two is bad because the led on the top of the cable turned on, so it was drawing power it just wasn't powering the mount for some reason.

Do you have any way to confirm that power is getting to the tip of the plug on the end of the cable that connects to the mount.  A chape digital volt meter  would help, or solder a couple of wires to a 12v bulb and touch them to the terminals on the plug (bare the ends back  a few mm and shove one down the middle of the connector and touch the side of the barrel with the other).  If it lights then you now the issue is with the mount and not the cable or supply. - If you are not getting power to the mount then contact the retailer and request a replacement lead.  If the bulb lights then the mount is faulty and needs to go back

Archived