Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BAA Back to Basics meeting - 10.10.15 - St Asaph

Azelfafage

Having recently joined the BAA (and still considering myself pretty much a beginner after some fits and starts over the years) I decided to go along, meet some fellow astro folks and pick up a few tips hopefully :laugh: , is anyone else going?

Best regards,

A

Great to hear you are coming to the BAA Back to Basics meeting at St Asaph tomorrow.

I will be there as I am introducing the day and am giving one of the talks (about equipment), so I look forward to seeing you.

Planning to bring my Lunt 50 H_alpha solar scope in case the sky is as blue as it is today!

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Here (just north of Birmingham) it's suddenly clouded over - so don't speak too soon :embarrassed:

Solar is certainly something that interests me (amongst a few other things), so whether indoors or outdoors I look forward to meeting you too and to a productive day in general :smiley: .

Kind regards,

A (or Paul, if you like).

Just sent a thank you note to Jeremy direct. I had a great time, met people, made some useful contacts, and would thoroughly recommend them to a beginner or someone who wants to make a fresh start in the hobby. You don't have to be in the BAA to go (it's slightly cheaper if you're a member) but you will get a propaganda leaflet or two pushed your way maybe :hiding:(only joking).

Best wishes,

A

Archived