SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter & Venus ASI224MC Oct 9th

Space Cowboy

Thanks Mitch I couldn't get the freaking ir/UV cut filter off to fit the 742 and didn't want to waste time fetching a hammer and chisel. These early morning sessions are very frenetic as the sun rises! ;-)

30 min animation (9 images) straight out of registax no fancy processing.

post-4016-0-42547100-1444393426.gif

Thanks Mitch I couldn't get the freaking ir/UV cut filter off to fit the 742 and didn't want to waste time fetching a hammer and chisel. These early morning sessions are very frenetic as the sun rises! ;-)

30 min animation (9 images) straight out of registax no fancy processing.

attachicon.gifJup_065551_g4_ap5 reg6_pipp.gif

Stuart, I bought an 18volt (cordless) Ryobi angle grinder & a pair of heavy duty batteries...I can fit grinder, cutting, sanding & circular saw disks/blades & use it for all sorts of remote tool applications - you'd have that other filter off in seconds. :)

Nice outcome. :)

What a difference a day makes, some very nice detail coming through on Jupiter, which is very impressive this early and low.

Just had a run out with the qhy5l-ii. Everything worked, but poor trans pushed gain to max and not pretty. Good to be out tho and new cam is on the way!

Stuart, I bought an 18volt (cordless) Ryobi angle grinder & a pair of heavy duty batteries...I can fit grinder, cutting, sanding & circular saw disks/blades & use it for all sorts of remote tool applications - you'd have that other filter off in seconds. :)

Nice outcome. :)

LOL! Now I know how you get such a sharp hex on your Saturn shots Darryl.......is it the grinder or the sander? Sounds like planetary imaging Homer Simpson style! :wink:

Thanks Mitch! PIPP makes animations very simple.

Cheers Freddie I must try DSO imaging some time it looks rather easy :angry4::angry7::angry9:

Good to hear you've got the Usain Bolt of planetary cams coming your way Jake! I reckon its taylor made for UK conditions with those fleeting moments of above poop seeing! An OSC cam more sensitive than mono is something I've dreamt about for a long time!

Here is another image before the daylight got too bright :

post-4016-0-92767800-1444487381.png

Archived