SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33

johnrt

Just the right size for my focal length and chip.

However you capture and process this galaxy , it remains a big scruffy ball of stars and hydrogen clouds. I have to say though it is possibly my favourite object in the night sky. You see this processed with so many different colour variations, it is tricky to get any colour in to the core at all.

This image is a combination of data captured during 2014 and 2015, totalling 14.5 hours of exposure time.

Altair Astro 6" RC and Atik 460ex. Captured in Sequence Generator Pro and processed in Pixinsight & CS5.

Hope you like :)

22037033952_21b90c957d_b.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the detail that you've got on this John - It's really superb. I love the ha blobs as well and the central colour of the core. As you say there are a million colour variations on the net, so how do you pick the right one?

I'd like to see a little more blue, but that's just me....... I'm not nit picking at all or trying to take away from this great image.... I just feel that with a little more blue in the outer arms, it would give you a better contrast in the middle.

That is possibly one of the nicest of M33 I have seen.  I particularly like the way it really does give the impression of what it is: a huge collection of stars.  I find many galaxy photos make the galaxy look more like a single object than a collection of stars.  Nice detail also in the dust lanes.

Chris 

Thank you everyone!

Sorry a beginner here but what sort of telescope is needed to view the above

I can't tell you much about observing, as I have never done any, but I can tell you that you will not see the image as is above with the human eye. Have a look in the sketching forum for an idea of the sort of thing to expect when observing through a telescope with the Mk1 eyeball.

If you want to get in to imaging galaxies etc, then that's a whole other answer!

Wow. That's a beautiful image. Certainly sets the bar high for my personal objectives! But small steps. Hopefully I'll be able to create something as awesome one day.[emoji4]

Lovely image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived