Narrowband

3rd night out

Hello, i just got a new lense to add to the barlow and 25 mm pieces, its a 8- 21mm zoom piece. I got to see Venus, which i can't express how happy i was to find it,coc wouldn't allow it. Im in the suburbs so i can't see to much. What are your favorite night targets? How easy to find are they? What the highest magnification you would go with good seeing? What messier objects are really good? Why eyepiece could you not live without? Thanks for reading.

Blackadder

Have a look at this thread and also this one too.

They should answer a lot of your questions.

As too the more specific question, you haven't mentioned what 'scope you are using!

Cheers

whoops, 8 inch orion dob . thanks ill read them now. i'm just about to got out and check stuff out, i have about 3 hours till i have a chance to see anymore planets. 

Lots of great astronomy can be done from a light polluted town.   Fainter objects will be more of a challenge, but please don't give up on those.

Brighter objects like the moon and planets, double stars (the sky is stuffed with those at all seasons) are least affected by observing from a town location.

An 8" Dob can give very many years of viewing the night sky with no real need to upgrade.

Good luck, Ed.

Lots of great astronomy can be done from a light polluted town. Fainter objects will be more of a challenge, but please don't give up on those.

Brighter objects like the moon and planets, double stars (the sky is stuffed with those at all seasons) are least affected by observing from a town location.

An 8" Dob can give very many years of viewing the night sky with no real need to upgrade.

Good luck, Ed.

thanks, i heard a 8 inch its pretty decent for a noob, i really want to see some binaries. Hopefully my star chart will come in, i got really lucky the moon helped me out last time. Cloudy sky's tonight, as i got new lenses :(

Archived