SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Witches Broom and Pelican

Steve789

I had a prolonged period of clear skies while the moon was about at the end of last month so I decided to use the time to try and improve my guiding. I had also recently discovered eqmosaic so I thought I'd give that a try. While eqmosaic was a complete success I can't say the same for my guiding experimentation but at least I've eliminated potential causes of my guiding problems.

Here is the result of the data captured (my first mosaic). Mostly 8 minute subs with a few 10 minute subs that were keepers.

The Witches Broom Nebula NGC6960 2 panel mosaic Ha/OIII bicolour. (Approx 3hrs per filter in pane 1 and 2½hrs per filter in pane 2.)

post-17911-0-72961300-1444341309_thumb.j

Once I got tired of imaging NGC 6960 I turned my scope towards the Pelican Nebula for a quickie 80mins per filter and was quite pleased with the result for such short total exposure time.

post-17911-0-83361800-1444341769_thumb.j

All criticism welcome, I know I've got several areas to work on to improve my images.

Archived