Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horsehead and Flame - Quick Process

Brent

As a kid, this was the iconic space image for me. I would look at pictures of it in astronomy magazines for hours and daydream of owning a half decent telescope. So, it's a dream come true to finally be able to image it myself :grin:

Managed to grab just over an hour of data last night and this is just a quick process as I want to add at least another 4-5 hours over the coming weeks.

Not entirely sure what the spider vane issue is, they look physically straight, and I think focus was pretty much spot on :icon_scratch:

14 x 300s

ISO 400

Gear used is in my signature

Thanks for looking!

post-12649-0-31095700-1444337566_thumb.p

Awesome image.. similarly this is the iconic image from my childhood too... This is definitely going to be a image I'm going to do this year, have to.... my previous attempt about 2 years ago with similar framing was terrible... time to conquer this beastie, neigh.. horsie *pun intended*)  like you did.

Sorry, had a really busy couple of days!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Olly, thanks, looking at it again you're right. Here's a version which I hope is subtly corrected. Is it enough?

post-12649-0-69305800-1444519193_thumb.p

Archived