SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

dual boot tablet+LL

nytecam

I use my tablet to surf - as now -and my W7 laptop for Lodestar. I'm thinking of getting a Chuwi 10" Android+W10 and using LL under W10 for image capture etc. Firstly will LL run on such a tablet? OK it may be gimicky but my wife want to buy it for my birthday and it may be fun - if it works for EAA:-)

Any advise appreciated:-)

Nytecam

I already use a Linx  7 windows 10 tablet - it can run BYE,EQMOD,Frame Grabber,CDC and Stelarium  ok   then I  use VNC server on the tablet to allow connection remotely from another PC. Biggest problem is battery time.

At £60 for the 7 inch its nearly cheaper ,but is less problematic,than having powered USB and a longer usb cable. As it has an intel atom processor,All Atom processors implement the x86 (IA-32) instruction set,would it not run  LL?

The new 10 inch version has 3 usb ports - 2 type A and a micro usb for charging .

'As it has an intel atom processor,All Atom processors implement the x86 (IA-32) instruction set,would it not run  LL?'   guess there's only one way to find out, is it possible not all the functions would work ?

The Chuwi 10" Android+W10 sure looks an interesting tablet, 2 full usb sockets plus mini for charging,  dual boot on these things looks to be coming along ( I am hoping I can flash something on my existing W10 tablet sometime) have also been looking at the Teclast X98 Air II tablet.

The atom processor should be fine. I have resisted any temptations to use GPU etc to accelerate image processing and stuck with CPU based operations only.

The atom will probably benefit from some performance updates I am working on but should run none the less.

Is the tablet a windows based one though? The original post said android?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the tablet a windows based one though? The original post said android?

The tablet is dual boot, key press to boot into windows (8.1 or 10) or boot into Android (KitKat or later).  I think some of it's still a bit flakey and some Chinese defaults etc but all remarkably cheap.

Ah cool - in which case should hopefully work!

Interested to see how the controls work out on a touchscreen - I designed them with it in mind but no major feedback to date so might be a few bits that prove fiddly (especially with cold fingers haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

to get round the fiddly bits of touch i use a program called touchmousepointerWindows) which is free !  But when i connect remotely to the tablet via VNC viewer from a pc just use the mouse(or equiv) no problem and the screen can be upscaled to the Laptop so helps with poor sight (like me)

the linx and chuwi look "remarkably " similar - ok price difference but linx has uk support - pays your money etc - but the Linx has done well,so far, in damp weather,reliable and Windows 10 seems very good with Sharpcap and other Astro programs

Plus cheaper to loose/break than laptop in the "field".

Guess the thing will now go belly up  :grin:

Archived