SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

MESU, SITech and CalPointsXP script in SG Pro

gnomus

I am completing the setup of my Mesu 200.  I think I'm all set to do my sky-modelling tonight (assuming the weather holds).  I really like the idea of making this an automatic process using the CalPointsXP script.  In preparation, I went out this afternoon to have a play.  Unfortunately, I don't seem able to get it to work.  I've read the manual several times and have printed out the 'cheat sheet'.  The script does make my Mesu slew to a point in the sky, but it seems that it is then unable to take a picture.  I have launched my image capture software (Sequence Generator Pro) as per the cheat sheet.  I have set this to take a 5 secs Bin 2 exposure in the Sitech script window,  Nothing seems to happen - it says 'Paused - waiting for default.fit' (or something close to that).

I have tried 'File appearing' both checked and unchecked - but Nada.  I also tried running Artemis capture instead of SGP but this did not work either.

Has anyone been able to get the CalPointsXP script working alongside SGP?

I know I can always do this manually, but it would be nice to have it automated if possible.  Maybe I am missing something simple. 

Yes. I did open SGP prior to running the script and I made sure the camera was connected, but I am not at all clear what, if anything else I am supposed to do. How does Sitech know I am using SGP?

Not sure if the standard script will use SGP....possibly best asking on the SGP forum, Steve.

Thanks Steve. I've just been out and built a 17 star model manually. Piece of cake really. It took about 45 minutes, but will be quicker next time (if there is a next time). GOTO is now ridiculously accurate. Unfortunately, it has just clouded up (despite what 'Clear Outside' has to say on the matter), so couldn't get started with imaging.

I still have to work out my focuser offsets, but that can wait. I need to take a couple of photos.

Incidentally Steve, I was mindful of the issue you had. So, having built my model, Ithen parked my scope and powered everything down. I then powered up again and unparked. My 17 point model was still showing.

Archived