Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Oct 8th 1st light ASI224MC

Space Cowboy

First attempt at Jupiter with my new ASI224MC and as usual cloud tormented me until almost full daylight!

Here is an image taken after 7am. Obviously not great shakes yet but the cam is incredible for its ultra low noise and high sensitivity.

Auto Dob + 3x tv barlow :

20% gain @105 fps :

post-4016-0-28866900-1444292586.png

That camera looks nice Steve but if I were you i'd be getting the ASI224MC which is half the price if ordered direct from ZWO and has no equals sensitivity wise in the planetary section. If you want a larger fov the ASI174 cams are very good for the same price as the celestron skyris.

Cheers Jake I reckon this cam will knock out great Jupiter images in just 30 secs of data. The noise is so low its mind blowing!

Yes USB 3 Steve and captured in raw mode debayered in as!2. First image was best 25% from 7000 (cloud cut avi short) 2nd image from 2 min avi of about 13000 frames.

I did try stacking just 100 frames and the noise was not too bad so I think that's possible if seeing is really poor with this cam. Imagine taking 10-20000 frames and being able to stack just 1% !

Cheers Simon! Might try again in the morning!

Archived