SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Moon, Venus, Regulus, (Mars?) and Jupiter aligned this AM.

boxtko

Took these picture around 6:30 this morning. I believe the first one is the moon, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Regulus.  (Please correct me if I am wrong. I wasn't 100% sure if that was Mars.)  I really overexposed when I captured  this image.   I slightly overexposed for the second picture (you can't see Regulus and what I believe to be Mars.) Conditions were very cloudy so I had to work fast. I did some post processing in Lightroom.  I'm pretty new at this. Might try again tomorrow  morning. (I believe Venus will be closer to the moon.)

post-47098-0-89190300-1444244943_thumb.j

post-47098-0-25364800-1444245296_thumb.j

Thanks for the confirmation. I appreciate it.

I really wanted to take a close up up of Jupiter a (1st time I actually have a DSLR and T-mount/adapter), but it was so cloudy I was just happy I could snap a picture using only the camera.  (The last time I took a picture of Jupiter, I just held a compact camera up to the telescope eyepiece with just so so results.)  A few months have passed so I'm itching to try out my new setup. :)

Archived