Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mains outside power

rob0971

I was getting fed up of running off of my battery pack wondering whether I was going to run out of power during the night. I usually image from my back garden so mains power is an option. I wanted a way to power from the mains cameras, mount, laptop etc while keeping it all dry. I used a maplins 25A power supply, mounted in a plastic toolbox. I have also fitted a laptop charger & extra cooling fan. The box is fitted to a custom made trolley for ease of moving around. A shelf for the laptop rounds it all off.20151005_132839_zps6zzgcktk.jpg20151005_132909_zpsax7m6ra2.jpg20151005_132934_zpssdidezo8.jpg

Very rare to get dew forming on a warm laptop , sometimes dew can descend onto the screen if left wide open and angled back , best to leave the screen pointing forwards just over the vertical .

Or better still get some long active USB leads and sit comfortably indoors in the warm , failing this you really want to be at the end of 5m leads at least to get you away from the mount eliminating any source of unnecessary vibration ... i.e. your good self clumping about in the dark ...  :grin:

I do similar except I have a small revo pc inside the box as well which I connect to over wireless and control remotely. It has enough grunt to control the scope etc for aquiring images as well as being taking a 12v input. I process things off my main home pc. This keeps everything tidy and away from moisture (although I still use an RCD)

Cheers

Ross

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Archived