Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Altair GPCAM AR0130C Minimum Requirements

cuivenion

Hi, I'm looking at getting an Altair GPCAM AR0130C. The minimum specs for the CPU are a little vague though, it just says equal to Intel Core 2 2.8ghz or higher. Is this single, dual or quad core? It seems a little high for minimum spec.

It also says monitor size 17" or larger, so it won't work with a 15" laptop.

Does anyone out there use this cam and if so what are the specs of the system you use.

To me the specs of the cam look similar to the Skyris cameras. I use my CCD cameras on a old Sony with a CoreDuo 1.6GHZ CPU, only 2Gb RAM with a SDD hard disk.

That laptop is used for only my astro captures and most of the time it has multiple software running, such as iCap, APT, PHD and Nexremote simultaneously... I haven't had any issues with capturing, even a 120fps using a PCi express USB3 card and the specs of my laptop are below what you quoted.

I have the mono version, but using it on quite a high spec PC.  I think the most important requirement is the memory though - I'd imagine that the 17" screen requirement maybe more from the point of view of the software (AltairCapture & SharpCap).  It should not make any difference to the camera. If you have any doubt send Altair Astro a quick email with the specs of you laptop to ensure that it would be suitable.

Archived