Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik infinity

Benno

Good afternoon, I currently use DSLR for my imaging but I am coincidering the purchase of a CCD (assuming I get clearance from my wife to do so). The camera I have been looking at is the new Atik Infinity. My targets would be DSO's.

Does any of the forum members have any experience of this camera or any suggestions for an alternative choice to coincider. I would be looking at sub £1000 if possible. (I don't think I have accrued enough brownie points to go over £1000).

Best regards,

Benno.

I think you need to be clear on your objective, the infinity is designed for video astronomy which is a completely different kettle of fish from what you have been doing with your DSLR.

If that's what you want then great but if you were planning on DSO imaging then the 414ex would be the better choice as it is designed for long exposures and has set point cooling.

Whether either of these cameras are suitable for you will depend on your current set up and what you want to achieve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you need to be clear on your objective, the infinity is designed for video astronomy which is a completely different kettle of fish from what you have been doing with your DSLR.

If that's what you want then great but if you were planning on DSO imaging then the 414ex would be the better choice as it is designed for long exposures and has set point cooling.

Whether either of these cameras are suitable for you will depend on your current set up and what you want to achieve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Thanks for the feed back. Yes I am aware that the infinity is designed for video. I already use video with the Celestron Neximage 5 which I use for the planets, but the infinity is presumably designed to do the same but with DSO's. Which is why I wondered if any of the members have any real world experience with it.

Best regards,

Steve.

Archived