Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PixInsight HT and STF

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue in PixInsight. Until recently, i could apply an auto-STF to my images, then use the Real time preview to alter the histogram. Apply the transformation, and it would make my image non-linear (remove the green line from the identifier). 

Now, if i apply an STF, edit the real time preview and apply, my image stays linear. I've got to remove the STF and edit the histogram from scratch. 

It only works if i apply the new instance triangle of the STF to the histogram window and then apply that...

I think i'm going crazy because I'm sure i never had to do that before !  :eek:  

Joe

Hi Joe

As far as I'm aware, you've always dragged the new process triangle from STF to HT to transfer the STF settings. STF on it's own doesn't perform any sort of permanent transformation to the image.

I must admit, I am a PI addict and haven't used Photoshop in months. I guess a lot depends upon how much time you've invested in learning a particular package. I find PI suits my way of working but there is no right/wrong answer here.

Andrew

Hi

I am not aware of it working how you describe ( Think I got what you meant )

As said you can get the stf settings to the histogram tool by dragging the new process icon to HT and then apply - Even here the green notification will stay active till you disable the STF

Harry

Thanks guys. Probably just me. That's what happens when you go on holiday for 3 weeks!

I must admit I do like PI a lot, so much so that I've bought it.

I'm very much a script user - batch preprocessing. RGB combine. Done.

I need to learn the intricacies of it and not rely on the automatic features so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived