SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

"Le Jour de la Nuit" 10th October 2015. Events all over France

davefrance

Yup, got 4 decent events in my area + the Planetarium/Radome opening up and a night ramble over the Ménéz Bré to obseve the Milky Way.

I may well set up the Telescopes and Bins for a bit of a star party.

You're well sorted then. :smiley:

Hope it's a for a clear night for everybody.

Saturday, October 10, 2015, "The Day of the Night" celebrates the dark night! It is a unique national event rediscovery of the night, its landscapes, its biodiversity and its stars.

Here's the information. http://www.jourdelanuit.fr/. 

Just picked this up myself, Dave, but what a great idea to turn off all public lighting - if just for one night.  Aulon in Haute-Pyrenees is closest to me and may be a step too far but what a gorgeous morning today.  Got up at 4.45 and finally wrapped up as the sun washed out Jupiter at about 7.15.  Let's hope they have more luck with the weather tomorrow than they did for les nuits des étoiles back in August.

Peter

There's a 4.45 in the morning!!!!  :eek:

Good luck whatever you decide to do. There may be a few Draconid Meteors still biting the dust. I think they peaked 8th/9th

Frankly, Dave, the night skies have been so lousy the last few weeks that if a clear morning is forecast I'll take it.  It really paid off today.  I am new to this pastime and this was, without doubt, the clearest sky I have ever yet seen through a telescope - and I don't have to go to work in the morning!

Good luck tomorrow,

Peter

Archived