Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Total lunar eclipse

acr_astro

Hi all,

just some hours ago, I finished my sketch of the total lunar eclipse. That was a tough one since I did not have experience at all with sepia pencils. I struggled a bit with getting the right color tone and failed to add all the details I could spot on the eclipsed moon. Aristarchus was visible as bright orange spot and I could see as well Tycho with ist rays.

post-34493-0-10994400-1443420159_thumb.j

Telescope: Celestron Nexstar 127 SLT

Eyepiece: Skywatcher Super Plössl 32mm

Date & Time: 28.09.2015, 0445-0515 CEST

Place: Home, Dusseldorf region, Germany

Technique: Dark Sepia, Chalk and Charcoal pens on black sketching cardboard.

Hope you had a chance to watch the eclipse too! Looking forward to see your sketches here!

Clear skies!

Achim

Hi Roger, George, laudropb & James,

thank you all for the kind words :)

A part of me is very slightly disappointed that you didn't just post a picture of black paper for amusement. :)

Good sketching though!

Hey George, that would have been how the previous lunar eclipses (and as well solar eclipses, Venus transits, etc.) have looked here -- but I should have taken wet black paper then to have it more realistic.  :grin: This time I was lucky!

Clear skies to all of you!

Achim

Archived