Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser MC 127

Just came across this on a German site  -  it's not shown on the Bresser stuff at Telescope House.  Given the link/heritage with Meade, this could well be the Meade 127 ETX de-forked in new garb ?  That was a mighty fine  telescope optically let down by the largely plastic goto mount.  Could be an excellent on lunar and planetary  for that price.

Bresser Messier MC-127/1900 OTA Optical Tube | Bresser

andrew

• 1 month later...

I've been looking at maksutovs and stumbled on the Bresser 127.

It is selling for more than the Skywatcher 127 Mak and only comes with 1 eyepiece but it is a f15 scope which I believe is closer to the natural original intentions of the maksutov design. The sky watcher is faster so can do a wider field of view but I would guess the Bresser is better quality images at higher magnifications and if you are using poorer quality eyepieces because it is slower.

• 1 month later...

I have noticed Telescope House has them in stock and they are Bresser Uk's frontman so possibly better place to look due to UK warrantees etc. Rother Valley also stock bresser and as you say they are part of the Meade Orion Umbrella group. Sorry for jumping in on this thread so late in the day but was looking for reviews of MAKs in the lower cost brackets, budgets tight and my 200pds is a bit of a beast in the gales and other weather we have had more recently. So a quick small grab and go is on my wish list possibly with Altaz goto capabilities.

Archived