Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

oaCapture 0.7.0 released

JamesF

The Road to Hell and all that...

I thought this was going to a be a nice easy release just to incorporate support for the three new ASI camera models, but as it happened that uncovered some really nasty thread synchronisation bugs that took quite a while to pin down.

The only other significant changes in this release are the addition of flags to put the gain and exposure values into the name for the capture files.  Gain will be substituted for either "%G" or "%GAIN" and "%EXPMS" or "%x" will use the exposure time in milliseconds.  "%EXPS" or "%X" does the same but in seconds.

Downloads are here.

For the next release I'm hoping to get together some support for the Celestron Neximage range as well as some of the Imaging Source CMOS camera models.  There's no documentation available to the public for the interface for these cameras so it may be tricky.  In fact they seem almost purposely designed to deceive the inquisitive.

I've also got a few long-standing UI bugs (hi Dave :) that need squashing and a possible issue with the ATK-16 support that I need to look into.

James

I forgot.  The other thing I intend to work on for the next release is some support for set-point cooling.  At least so it stands a chance of working with the forthcoming cooled ZWO cameras.  Fortunately the SDK appears to have the code required already even if the cameras aren't yet available.

James

There are a couple of little niggles with the ARM7 build, which unfortunately I can't test.  I'll get them fixed for the next release, but in the meantime let me know if you're building on that platform and I'll let you have a fix.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hey James, stumbled over oaCapture today, and it looks like exactly what I'm looking for.  Let me tell you, finding astro image capture software that supports V4L isn't easy...

I'm running OpenSUSE 13.1 64-bit, compiled (no errors) oaCapture 0.7.0, and fired it up.  However, when I select my V4L device, I get these errors in my console window, over and over and over:

VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL( 8008149 ) failed, errno 25
The V4L device works in other programs (mplayer, vlc, etc).  My integrated webcam works fine in oaCapture.  
Any thoughts?  Any logs I can provide?
Thanks for the software!
Jon

Archived