Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

registax 6

chrisg18

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R6 doesn't tend to like a lot of movement frame to frame (usually from bad seeing) and gives the "paving effect you state. Have you trued AS!2? It tends to give better results more often and is WAY quicker. Wavelets are then applied in Regi.

How many frames are you stacking? 25 - 50% of the total seems to be a good rule of thumb. I've had similar issues with lunar images and Registax 6 seems to balk at large numbers of frames to sort through and stack on my Windows 8.1 PC. There's an option to let the software choose the best reference frame so maybe try that while stacking less frames just to see if it makes a difference...

Use Autostakkert for stacking. 99.5% of the time it gives a superior result and is way easier and faster to use.

The vast majority of lunar, planetary and solar imagers hove moved on from Registax for stacking. I see no reason to persist with it. There really are very few reasons to use it when there are faster, superior and easier-to-use options available.

It also looks that all development has halted...the last update was 4 years ago.

Autostakkert 2 has made my head boil over at 1 in the morning. ill keep watching and give it a go.wouldnt it be great if there were courses in imaging and processing, where a real person was with you.

Autostakkert 2 has made my head boil over at 1 in the morning. ill keep watching and give it a go.wouldnt it be great if there were courses in imaging and processing, where a real person was with you.

AS!2 is a heck of a lot easier to learn than Registax. 4/5 mouse clicks will give you a stacked image, all from 2 screens.

Archived