Narrowband

Celestron goto mount with skywatcher 127 mak

Hi all

Anyone tried this combination before. Have a nexstar 130 on a goto az mount and trying to put a skywatcher 127 mak on it but.......... Having problems either the focuser hits the mount when above about 50 degrees or have to mount the scope upside down or is it me being a muppet?

Gareth.

Cornelius

Thanks for the reply, I agree looking at the photo it should fit but it's almost as if the dovetail is fitted on the wrong side. Too get the eyepiece to clear the mount when looking above 50degrees the finderscope is underneath the main scope. I can only mount the scope in 2 orientations either restricted views towards the zenith or finder scope underneath. Hence the original question am I being a muppet or are they left / right handed mounts.

Gareth.

I have my Skymax 127 on the Skywatcher AZ Goto which I believe is the same as the Celestron AZ Goto.

The finder shoe does end up almost underneath but by using a right angle erecting finder this is not a problem, I've also mounted a Rigel quick finder which is a big help.

As you can see from the pics there is no problem viewing at the zenith.

Hope that helps.

post-30866-0-70029500-1441226925.jpg

post-30866-0-56573900-1441226958.jpg

Avtar

Ah Peter,

I think you have found the problem.

Bought the scope for my wife who is more interested in planets than DSO or imaging and as it was a clearance offer from FLO it seemed like a good idea.

Will have to look for an EQ3-2 perhaps and put motors on as she prefers tracking rather than turning the adjusters. My fault for not researching more.

Gareth.

Archived