Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 130p-ds on heritage mount

So my 130p-ds arrived today and i thought i would post a couple of pics for anyone thinking of doing the same.its a lovely ota the focuser is great compared to the heritage focuser which is the only bad thing i find with the heritage.also having a 2" focuser means i can now get the ultra wide eps :) collimation was way out but sorted that in a few mins.it will now be cloudy for weeks so sorry everyone.just cant wait for a clear night now.

post-44467-0-48248200-1441207292.jpg

post-44467-0-20322300-1441207310.jpg

That looks good, it will be inreresting to know how it works out. The 2" focuser on the 130p-ds looks enormous proportionately, but will be a big improvement on the R&P item. I have tried my 102 Mak on my Heritage mini-dob mount and it makes for a very compact set up though I've not tried it yet with any great magnification, which would test the dob' nudge nudge routine. I hope it works out for you.

R&P would be a dream the heritage has a helicoil.

That looks very useable and a nifty solution to replacing the focuser ;-)

Yes, a decent R&P on the Heritage would make all the difference. I've run through all sorts of ideas to do this but haven't come up with a definite way forward yet. The main issue is one of experimental radical surgery being somewhat irreversible. Swapping the whole scope to get get a good focuser though is maybe a step too far! 

Swapping the whole scope to get get a good focuser though is maybe a step too far! 

i will be getting a nice mount for the 130p-ds,so my heritage can have its base back  which is then going to my 7 year old daughter,i did not buy it just for the focuser :p

Archived