Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon 9 pane Mozaic with ED

xtreemchaos

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pic. Would like to do one myself.

I don't know how mosaic software works but is there a possibility of slight exposure or light variance in each pane causing it?

That what it looks like, as it matches otherwise.

can you process individual panes to bring them closer or is it automatic.

What software did you use for the stitching?  Something like Microsoft ICE will balance the panes and get rid of that effect (and its freeware!).  Also - did you crop the panes to get rid of the slight white edge before you did the mosaic?  If you don't then they will show on the final mosaic.

goose35- thanks mate,   thats a good point , i did process them all the same in regi and thay where done on the same camera setting then put the panes in microsofts ICE to stitch it, the only thing i  thought could of caused it was a bit of mist high up changing the exposure a bit, i will probley run it through again and see what happends. clear skys charl.

What software did you use for the stitching?  Something like Microsoft ICE will balance the panes and get rid of that effect (and its freeware!).  Also - did you crop the panes to get rid of the slight white edge before you did the mosaic?  If you don't then they will show on the final mosaic.

I think Bizibilder has hit the nail on the head. I crop each pane before stitching to get rid of any white or "feathered" edges in stacked frames before stitching them together.

Nice image though and only noticeable at full mag. Well done.

The 2nd  process is a cracker - The disc is well rendered,  being mega picky but worth sorting out if you were going to have it printed you need sort out a few bits and pieces in the black bits in hour hand terms from 5:00-9:30 and 1:30-3:00 and ...

Depending on how your monitor setup you might not see all of it... It wasn't there in the first one...

Drop a rough selection around the moon, invert it  (to protect it) and then paint out the dodgy bits...

Peter...

Archived