SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SharpCap 2.6 - is there a video tutorial?

I've been looking at YouTube tutorials for SharpCap - and getting confused;

The version of SharpCap featured seems to be very different from my v2.6 - it looks like a mixture of AmCap and SharpCVap.

Has anyone made a video tutorial for ShapCap v2.6, or a user guide? Any other resources on this would be good to know about.

Thanks in anticipation.

Doug.

P.S. can anyone tell me how to create a signature for my postings in this forum? Can't seem to find info about it SGL.

P.S. can anyone tell me how to create a signature for my postings in this forum? Can't seem to find info about it SGL.

Hi I just joined and I noticed you need to make a certain number of posts before you can add a signature

There is some Sharpcap demos on Dion's Astronomy Shed vidoes, I think it is the mount setup videos - No.4.

I cannot access You Tube at work so just search for Astronomy Shed videos on there, and have a look.  The video is not all Sharpcap but certainly enough to get you started.

Cheers,

Fondofchips. 

Hi I just joined and I noticed you need to make a certain number of posts before you can add a signature

OK, I didn't know that. Best do some more posts then! :-)

I'd suggest sending a pm to a moderator. I didn't know about this measure - which is undoubtedly in place to prevent someone from spamming with links in their signatures.

Hang in there,

Dave

I guess that makes sense.

There is some Sharpcap demos on Dion's Astronomy Shed vidoes, I think it is the mount setup videos - No.4.

I cannot access You Tube at work so just search for Astronomy Shed videos on there, and have a look.  The video is not all Sharpcap but certainly enough to get you started.

Cheers,

Fondofchips. 

Thanks Fondofchips. It was Dion's videos that had me confused 'cos the version he's using has a very different user interface to the v2.6 I'm using.

Oh well - if in doubt - play and learn!

I've managed to get SharpCap to talk to my two cameras and capture some images, but one issue I'm having with it is the Batinov facility. I use a B-mask for focusing and the software I've used previously (AstroFX that came with the Nightscape camera) shows the Batinov 'crosses' clearly and it is easy to know when focus is correct. But the image on screen with SharpCap makes it very difficult to see the 'crosses'. So I used the Batinov option in SC which is difficult to use because the numbers are jumping around all over the place - due to the atmospheric effects on the light from the star I presume.

Can anyone suggest settings or techniques to make the Batinov 'crosses' more clearly in SC so I can achieve focus more easily?

Kind regards,

Doug

Archived