Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first solar animation

cshahar

Here is my first solar animation of AR2403. This is a low resolution version. I don't know how to embed the original gif file into my post and have it loop, so I opted for this wmv version instead. My alignment was obviously off during the actual tracking of the object, although the alignment in post-processing seems to have been good. I was just doing this for practice and more interested in mosaics. But given the results I think I will concentrate more on animating. Next time I think there will be an improvement, but its too bad that this active region won’t be around, as it is going just behind the sun and will not be visible any more.
The sun looks almost like a living entity here. Note the flames licking around the larger sunspot.
One issue I am having is that I would like to convert the gif file to avi or mp4 but i cannot find a suitable program that maintains high resolution. I may have to use separate frames and construct videos from scratch. Any thoughts about this?
If anyone can tell me how to embed the higher resolution gif and have it loop in my post I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
-Charles

Animation_Panorama1_B_W_c.wmv

Wow! That is superb. I can only imagine what kind of work that entailed! I am amazed at any place that has clear weather and good seeing for two weeks in a row. The only issue is that it takes quite a while for the individual frames to load. Have you thought of converting it into an avi or mp4?

I tend to use pipp to convert to a looped gif then use flickr to store, once on flickr you can share the gif in loop form, its a very nice animation would like it a little slower personally but for a first attempt its great

Actually, that's what I did initially Dave. But I can't seem to embed it in the post for some reason. It doesn't seem to play automatically!

Did you have set to play continuously in Photoshop ?

Dave

Archived