Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beginners: Downloadable Image Data at Light Vortex Astronomy!

Accessible here: http://lightvortexastronomy.blogspot.com/p/sample-image-data.html

Over the last year or so, I have been asked a few times on forums and by e-mail if I could upload some image data for readers to simply download and practice their post-processing skills on, namely with PixInsight as per my tutorials. In honour of this, I have created a new page called Sample Image Data. This page contains a table at the top, listing various deep space objects that I have imaged a few years ago. The deep space objects are all very different, with broadband and narrowband data spread through them.

The links provided on the table will allow you to download the 32-bit IEEE 754 floating point FITS image file for the respective data for your own use to practice your post-processing skills. For those not wanting to deal with monochrome images, I have provided downloads for Colour RGB images for deep space objects with LRGB data listed. These Colour RGB images are simply colour-combined Red, Green and Blue images that have been prepared as well. To the user, these look as if they have been captured with a One Shot Colour CCD camera or DSLR camera (granted, with less noise!) and thus afford the One Shot Colour post-processing experience some may crave.

No problem. It's not my best and latest data but it is data nonetheless, which is definitely a good testbed for anyone wishing to practice their skills. Some who have asked me for data don't have any of their own and would like to learn PixInsight.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Archived