Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bodes nebula and NGC3077

Taken last night. More a test really to see if it is possible to get a decent image in moonlight (it was like daylight at 1.00am!)

Not too bad but needed too much processing to get rid of light pollution, gradients and to try and reduce noise. 36 X 5 min, iso 1600, UHC filter and calibration frames.

Hope to image Bode and Cigar when the moon goes away...

post-35654-0-00639900-1440792225_thumb.j

NIce! Im looking forward to trying this again at some point. I tried back in March time and wasnt as successful.

As for the red colour cast.. I learnt a neat little trick the other day on photoshop.

Duplicate the layer, then Command - I to invert it.. then change the mode to Colour.

Then turn the opacity down to 50%.. it should be grayscale by this point. Then double click the inverted layer and 

Uncheck the Green and Blue channels and it should remove the colourcast.. 

Sometimes it can take a couple of these inverted layers to fully remove it

see if it helps :)

NIce! Im looking forward to trying this again at some point. I tried back in March time and wasnt as successful.

As for the red colour cast.. I learnt a neat little trick the other day on photoshop.

Duplicate the layer, then Command - I to invert it.. then change the mode to Colour.

Then turn the opacity down to 50%.. it should be grayscale by this point. Then double click the inverted layer and 

Uncheck the Green and Blue channels and it should remove the colourcast.. 

Sometimes it can take a couple of these inverted layers to fully remove it

see if it helps :)

Here it is! Thanks for the technique...

post-35654-0-25104800-1440838667_thumb.j

Archived