SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pleiades

Tonynexevo925

Even though I have manflu I was determined to go out tonight. The weather has been so awful that a clear sky (moon!) beckoned me.

So I used the big bins on tripod as time was limited and was entranced by M45. Spent a little while between there and the moon and had to come in when sneezing and coughing required more lemsip (other cold remedies also available).

First time I've used the large bins and very impressed with them. The view of M45 was stunning and I found he moon almost too bright to focus on for too long. I could see M45 with the naked eye so quite pleased with my skies tonight.

Great report. You just gave me an idea to pull out my binos in the morning before work and check out the Pleiades. I can see Orion in the morning again. It's almost like seeing a long lost friend. Clear Skies, and clear sinuses... haha

Archived