Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flexi-tube Dobs.

Not at all.  Mine holds collimation surprisingly well.  I estimate I have to adjust about every five trips out. That's probably more about me clattering the OTA into the back door than anything else. It is easy to check each time by star test if you so desire.

Not at all.  Mine holds collimation surprisingly well.  I estimate I have to adjust about every five trips out. That's probably more about me clattering the OTA into the back door than anything else. It is easy to check each time by star test if you so desire.

Excuse my ignorance,but what is a 'star test'?

Flexi-Tube does give the connotation that there is some flex somewhere?  But more often than not, users don't seem to suffer any issues. The `Flex` allowing  more  `flexibility'  in storage by collapsing into itself making it smaller.

Even collapsing has  a connotation!

Astro Baby wrote.........When collimation is complete you may wish to carry out a star test which will confirm the collimation or show small errors which can be fine tuned out.

Check that out here........http://www.astro-baby.com/collimation/astro%20babys%20collimation%20guide.htm

Flexi-Tube does give the connotation that there is some flex somewhere?  But more often than not, users don't seem to suffer any issues. The `Flex` allowing  more  `flexibility'  in storage by collapsing into itself making it smaller.

Even collapsing has  a connotation!

Astro Baby wrote.........When collimation is complete you may wish to carry out a star test which will confirm the collimation or show small errors which can be fine tuned out.

Check that out here........http://www.astro-baby.com/collimation/astro%20babys%20collimation%20guide.htm

Now I understand. Thank you.

Archived