SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fov skywatcher 9x50 raci?

Am I correct in thinking it's 5.6 degrees?

Just got my copy of sky and telescope sky atlas and trying to work out what I'd see in the finder. 5 degrees seems to suggest I'd see a lot more than I do?

If anyone's interested the pre cut hole in a small malteasers box works out at 5 degrees so makes a good guide for this :-)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hiya Craig,

You could measure it directly by timing the transit of a star across the full field of view. Here is a little guide on how to go about it.

The general acceptance of the RACI’s field of view is somewhere between 5 to 5.6 degrees but it is worth pointing out that the often quoted FOV and actual FOV aren't always the same thing, so maybe 5.6 in theory means 5.1 in practice.

Thanks. . I think I'll go with the approximate of 5 degrees and have a look next time I got the scope out to see if I can work it out more accurate though I think an approximate idea will do as a guide

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Archived