SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Quark images 2nd Aug

dazzaa1966

Seeing is pretty rubbish here Shaun, did you use a focal reducer ? I find the seeing needs to be pretty good to use my Quark in 100 and 110 refractors without .5X f/r using PG BFly also get bad Newton rings without it, on 'tother hand Dave Smith in Essex finds the opposite.

Dave

My guess would be the longer focal length has taken your set up over the optimum for the camera and conditions Dazzaa, sorry forgot what scope you used to use? You might also have a look at the diagonal, any difference in droop might need a re-tune, although looking at your images, the tuning looks pretty good to me, so I guess it is the longer focal length?

Still a couple of crackers as far as I am concerned.

Robin

Just been looking at them and they do appear sharp in the centre and fuzzy round the edges, whereas mine look fuzzy all over, not sure what would cause that effect, I use two 2" extensions and image straight through using FLO adapter and Baader click lock, seemed to get better results than using diagonal.

Dave

Archived