Narrowband

Hey the sun is out 02-08-15 !!!!!!

Pig

Quite an unexpected burst of summer sun, its suddenly turned extremely sunny here :laugh:

So with no time to waste on went the Quark and the set up begins... 3 minutes later all is ready.

There is a nice Eiffel Tower shaped prominence around the 1 O'clock position, very bright indeed.

We also have a very small detachment around the 7 O'clock position.However, this does look like it may have been part of a more explosive event just north of it. There is also quite a bit of close hedgerow activity around the 9 O'clock position. So all in all quite busy albeit nothing massive.

Cracking surface detail today  :shocked:  There is quite a sizeable sunspot right of centre and this is surrounded by some quite pretty swirls :grin:  Some very good magnetic patterns again today that appear to be exaggerated the by the darker granulation that mixes in with them.

Back out I go with my mineral water to keep hydrated...I wonder what happened to my wine marinated melon solar days :smiley:

Quick update.. In between coming in to write the above and going back out something has started to grow next to the Eiffel Tower, quite an amount in such a short time..... ok back I go :cool:

It's grey here again, now, but was sunny and clear this morning. Dog was off hillwalking with my daughter and family so the sun, the Quark and the Solarmax all to myself!

As you write, Shaun, nothing massive but good proms and a nice, though small, AR. Still messing around with the Quark, trying different combos of kit and thoroughly enjoying myself.

It really has been dreadfully grey for about a couple of months on the NE Scotland coast - especially July, ALL of July! - so this morning was a very welcome opportunity to view old Sol.

So that's the dog and me happy - and Mrs Floater is happy that we're happy ...

Result!

Nice one Gordon,

We are all happy :laugh:  It looks as though we are going to have quite a clear night also in Northants and as I have the week off work I will take a trip to our local dark site and spend some peaceful time reaching out to the stars :laugh:

Good stuff Shaun, clouds have just thinned out her so have run off a few vid's but seeing isn't up to much.

Will go and see if I can see the Eiffel tower  :grin: is your one o'clock my ten' oclock ?

Clear night would be good, supposed to be clear last night but it didn't happen.

Dave

I try to avoid the sin of envy ... But, oh, you make it difficult.

Enjoy.

I try Gordon ..... :grin:  Should be great if it stays clear. It is a bit lonely out there and I get a tad nervy :shocked:

Good stuff Shaun, clouds have just thinned out her so have run off a few vid's but seeing isn't up to much.

Will go and see if I can see the Eiffel tower  :grin: is your one o'clock my ten' oclock ?

Clear night would be good, supposed to be clear last night but it didn't happen.

Dave

Cheers Dave, I believe so ( 1&10 ) :laugh:  I have been caught out on both supposedly clear nights this week but hopefully tonight will come up trumps :laugh:

I try Gordon ..... :grin:  Should be great if it stays clear. It is a bit lonely out there and I get a tad nervy :shocked

You're an an honest man.

But isn't it strange that we seek out the darkest possible conditions but somehow our imagination and ancient deep-seated fears dictate how comfortable we can be ...

No worries, though, in early August the shadowy whirligigs, bogles and elementals of the night aren't up to full strength yet ... I think.

:-))

You're an an honest man.

But isn't it strange that we seek out the darkest possible conditions but somehow our imagination and ancient deep-seated fears dictate how comfortable we can be ...

No worries, though, in early August the shadowy whirligigs, bogles and elementals of the night aren't up to full strength yet ... I think.

:-))

Gordon, it is purely down to two factors for me, imagination & Salem's Lot :grin: I should never have watched it as a boy.

Glad you got some blue sky today Shaun

Thank you Mark, I was very surprised to say the least :smiley: but I will take a few more should they arise.

Nice report I am going to rely on SGL for solar reports this week during my holiday

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thank you Pete :smiley: Are you off anywhere nice ?

Archived