SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A hint of NGC6888

buikimaging

Hello fellow stargazers,

Yesterday night the predictions were looking great, later in the evenin g the skies cleared up and as I just picked up a Baader Neodymium filter i couldn't wait to get out to do some imaging.

After setting up the gear, having some friends look at the moon i decided to put on the Alpha a230, baader filter and flattener.

Along with guiding I made some 2 minute subs at ISO800 in the rough direction of the cresent nebula.

On my picture it's faint glow can be seen on the bottom.

I was quite surprised it even showed, my frames were entirely washed out white due to a very slight hint of high clouds and a full moon.

I'm quite surprised at the results, however 1 thing was very noticible, the stars in the top left corner are very deformed. and overall in the corners of my image the stars aren't uniform at all.

Could it be field rotation? Or is this problem to blame to a generic brand flattener?

Also in the lower left hand corner is a "ring" visible. I have no clue where this came from and how it got into my images.

Maybe the filter wasn't screwed in propperly and im seeing some kind of glare?

I hope someone can be of assistance in what is happening here.

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Buikimaging

Astrobin-link: http://astrob.in/199031/0/

post-44447-0-06457800-1438517666_thumb.j

hi mate, ive look at your hi-res and i think it could be down to field rotation, you could try lower exp to see if it lessons or gos away, its still a nice image, i would crop it and play with it in ps. thanks for posting. clear skys.  charl.

Archived