Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISO 4 Million anyone...

Psychobilly

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just get my credit card ready.

Yikes, that is a pricey camera. No doubt someone, somewhere will end up with one and use it for astro purposes but I'm confident it wont be me.

Still it's a exciting development in sensors possibly.

Good for squatchin too. :D

The problem is smaller pixels are almost inevitably less sensitive.. This new sensor is a bit extreme and designed for a specific purpose Color HD video in very low light... Should make for some interesting wildlife docs in future...

Peter...

Im just thinking about it.... you know when you see film footage taken at night (in a very dark place) where the area is flooded with IR light (to which this camera is super sensitive), doesnt that shift the colour balance anyway? An effect a bit like walking down the street with the old type sodium bulbs, to get true colour surely you would need a white light source?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No doubt it's a test bed so the finish specification might not be up to the spec of the production article. Plus, professional kit gets well used...it's only us amateurs that obsess about specks of dirt.

yes, that was stated on the video.:)  The comments below the article/video are of interest as well, except for where the bickering starts/continues.:(

michael

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice, love the shooting star at around 1:40. When I first heard of this camera it was hard to imagine 40,000 ISO in video, I couldn’t help but to think in aspects of stills from a DSLR and expected either a flooded image or an amazing star flooded image if pointed at the sky (maybe thats just me). Seeing the results from it are stunning (and I guess essentially some of the early results).

Archived