SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 up past Cassiopeia during the full moon.

If I'll be honest, I blew myself away with this. All my previous attempts at removing LP from an image failed dramatically, but this one was 100% spot on!

I had never expected to be able to remove this much light pollution (ESP, with the full moon about and only 8 mins of integration)

Here we go! http://i.imgur.com/I5TNvpT.jpg

Just for context, this is what it looked like before: http://i.imgur.com/IclxIrO.jpg

I tried to do another attempt the other day but my camera decided to take exposures at whatever length it felt like, DSS wasn't too keen on stacking it so that didn't happen.

Either way, I'll probably try again when I can. Although Blender is not image editing software and takes its time processing the images and can't edit out the bright stars.

The best bit is that I'd never even caught the middle of the milky way before, but I even managed to get bits of the outer arms throught the moon's glare. Technology is amazing sometimes!

~pip

Wow! That's impressive, pip! You never know what you've got sometimes! Keep imaging

Thanks for sharing,

ReggieIt's remarkable what you can do with just a DSLR, a tripod and free software. Although a computerised mount, photoshop and PixInsight wouldn't hurt me, just my wallet. (but I get that's a given in this hobby :p )

Cheers!

It's remarkable what you can do with just a DSLR, a tripod and free software. Although a computerised mount, photoshop and PixInsight wouldn't hurt me, just my wallet. (but I get that's a given in this hobby :p )

Cheers!

It's remarkable what you can do with just a DSLR, a tripod and free software. Although a computerised mount, photoshop and PixInsight wouldn't hurt me, just my wallet. (but I get that's a given in this hobby :p )

Hear, Hear! Good job with the LP.

Archived