Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! Sony A7r

Diripio

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my scope to a SW Quattro 8cf. I have also purchased SW f4 aplanatic coma corrector.

My camera is a Sony A7r, full frame, 32mp with an E mount (aka nex mount)

The CC requires an m48 ring adapter. It also needs to be 55mm from the imaging sensor.

I am struggling to find an m48 adapter for an E (nex) mount. SW seem to sell one but

a. Website doesn't say if it's A or E mount (crucial info)

b. No shipping to UK. this was USA,Canada and Germany's website.

Obviously the need of the CC to be 55mm from the sensor negates the use of an m48-m42 step down.

I've had the camera for awhile now as I'm also a keen amateur photographer but would like to use it for astronomy purpose's if I can, also I can't really afford to get a new camera just now.

Would it be possible to get something like this made or has anyone else had the same problem and has a solution.

Any help is appreciated as I am at witts end.

Thanks

I see what you mean I just did a quick search and nothing.

I did find plenty of sony to M42 adapters and these have the threaded part as an insert that can be removed, dont know if this could then be re-machined to m48.

If all else fails it might be worth contacting FLO I believe they have a man that does bespoke parts.

Alan

I use a full frame E-mount Sony A7S.  I used to use a Canon camera for my astroimaging.  So  I bought an E-mount to Canon adaptor (which allows Canon lenses to be used on the Sony).  So now the Sony connects to all the scope equipment that previously used a Canon and with the correct distances.

So get the relevant Canon adaptor for your scope and then attach the Sony with the E-mount adaptor for Canon.

Hope that makes sense.

Also see my A7S review because many of the issues I discuss affect the whole Sony A7 series of cameras:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/243671-review-of-the-sony-a7s

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow up. I've been in contact with Bernard from modern astronomy and he has come up with a solution. It's a Sony E to A mount adapter with a Sony a mount m48 ring. Will let you know how it works as soon as I receive it ( weather permitting)

Here is a link for it http://www.modernastronomy.com/shop/uncategorized/sony-e-mount-to-a-mount-adapter-m48-ring-for-sony-a-mount/

Archived