Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The sun in Ha 1/8/15

DrRobin

Hi,

The sun in Ha from the first day of August.  I took two shots of the proms, but AS2 is having 'a moment' and refuses to stack them correctly.

12 pane mosaic, WO 80mm, Quark, 0.5x FR, ASI174MM

Close ups, WO 80mm, Quark, 1.5x barlow, ASI174MM

Robin

Sun-1-8-15-pano-b.jpg

Sun-1-8-15-pano-c.jpg

Sun-1-8-15-pano-ic.jpg

Close ups

AS_p20_Multi_Sun-Ha_010815_063719_c.jpg

AS_p20_Multi_Sun-Ha_010815_063634_c.jpg

Wow! great shots.  :smiley:

This is sort of the reason why I'm probably not to bother with some Baader Solar sheets for a filter. In my mind I'm going to want to see something like that and I can't afford a HA scope.

Great images Robin. I guess you bought some of the weather back with you.

Nope, still in Kefalonia for a few more days yet. My information about the weather and cloud back home comes from my all sky camera and weather station.

You will be able to tell when I am back it will be on the news, first snow fall in August, or the first recorded hurricane.

Robin

Wow! great shots.  :smiley:

This is sort of the reason why I'm probably not to bother with some Baader Solar sheets for a filter. In my mind I'm going to want to see something like that and I can't afford a HA scope.

I still have my home made Baader solar filters, when there are a few sun spots it is quite interesting. All my recent images have been taken with a Daystar Quark, still a lot of money, but a lot less than a dedicated solar telescope.

Robin

Archived