Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy locations around St Ives

moriniboy

From a memory of a drive there about 6 years ago if you go down the B3306 towards Zenner, Pendeen, St Just etc then on the right there are parking areas every so often. You park and take a walk being the idea.

Find a parking area and set up at one, it's dark.

Going to add a warning to the information - my recollection is I was able to see the sea from the road and looking at a map the B3306 looks too far inland. Now having doubts that I was heading out of St Ives towards Lands End, I may have been heading South to St Ives in which case I would have been on the B3301 which looks more coastal.

The Road view of google maps makes the road look further away from the coast, the satellite view makes it look close.

The first one mentioned the B3306 also runs close to the SW Coastal Path so that makes sense to have parking to access the path.

There is an Astro Club at Marazion, 10Km away says on the South coast but still close.

Archived