Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

my new scope for use with quark.

dazzaa1966

Lovely scope Dazza, should be fantastic with the Quark.

By the way, I use a 120ED with just a UV/IR cut filter on the barrel of the diagonal and it works very well, no need for a D-ERF up to 120mm.

I agree with Big Sumorian on this after all the 'homework' I have been doing on the subject.

Very nice scope & one I also looked at buying as a solar upgrade, also very nice for catching photons at night :grin:

I will be waiting for your first light with this Dazzaa as I interested as how this perform as opposed to a 152mm.

Today looks good here but Friday will be the day, only thing is the sun looks pretty weak at the moment.

Nice.... According to Daystar you are okay with a UV/IR filter up to 120mm, but only for limited time. They don't say how long, I guess this is their get out clause, but since we seldom get time/clear skies/really hot sun in the UK I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems.

Although a triplet is not strictly required (a triplet compensates for the three colours) each lens must be made to a better spec as ED doublets and triplets do seem to work the best for Ha and something like your Esprit would certainly be one of my choices. It will be a great scope for night time too.

Robin

Nice.... According to Daystar you are okay with a UV/IR filter up to 120mm, but only for limited time. They don't say how long, I guess this is their get out clause, but since we seldom get time/clear skies/really hot sun in the UK I wouldn't have thought you would have any problems.

Although a triplet is not strictly required (a triplet compensates for the three colours) each lens must be made to a better spec as ED doublets and triplets do seem to work the best for Ha and something like your Esprit would certainly be one of my choices. It will be a great scope for night time too.

Robin

That's a good point Robin. I tend to observe in relatively short sessions throughout the day and cap the scope each time it is not being used. This is either on the AZEQ6, or just a giro, either way it does not have continuous sun.

Best bet if using a UV/IR is to monitor the setup closely to check for any excessive heat, but in my experience everything has remained quite ok.

Super scope Daz, I've used my WO110 triplet a couple of times with UV/IR filter, I was a bit nervous at first but it didn't appear to do it any harm and I usually hang my hat on the end if I leave it tracking the Sun, it's not as if we get Arizona Sun in the UK which Daystar have to take account of I guess.

Dave

Archived