Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

software question

I have a piece of software (EOS utilities) on a  cd disk, but i would like to install it on my netbook that does not have a disk drive, i also have a laptop with cd drive so i guess i will have to start with this, but how do i get the programme onto a usb drive to install on net book please

Hi Jules

Which software can't you run? Is it Canon Utilities? There's a lot of software on the Canon sites.

Have you downloaded the "software for users who no longer have their CD" ?

Because the various Updater softwares won't install unless you already have a version already installed.

But if you have installed the full version and it won't run, will need some more info, what camera and windows version?

Michael

Okay, look in Windows Device Manager under Imaging - is Canon 1000D listed there when plugged in?

If not you have a faulty USB lead or in the 1000D menus look for a communication protocol setting  - should be Normal not PTP or something like that.

With EOS Utilities not running, plug in 1000D, then switch on camera.

First time you should get a small window on PC asking what prog should normally run.

If EOS Utilities is listed select that, otherwise cancel that window

Eos Utilities should then open.

Select the folder you want images sent to.

Enter Zoombrowser as the prog you want to open when each image is downloaded, if you want to check each image as it comes in.

I have a 1000D and windows XP, I use EOS Utilities for long exposure sequences and downloads.

Michael

Archived