Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron Red Dot finder

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Why oh Why oh Why do Celestron put their useless red dot finder onto their Scopes.

Just bought a Evolution 6SE with the dreaded finder on it.

Started an alignment on a distant tree only to find the finder does not have enough movement using the screws to adjust the red dot to the target.

Have had to unscrew the mounting plate and use some packing under the rear section to enable enough adjustment.

Just not good enough Celestron .

Ordering a Rigal now. More expense. :(

Pat

How distant is a "distant tree" ?

Also usually the Skywatcher/Celestron RDF does not adjust enough for whatever reason, there are many reports of this.

It is I suspect a copy of someone else's RDF and was never "customised" to fit the Synta scopes.

They probably copied the William Optics item. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I like the RDF... works well for me... Initiall aligning it was fine, but when i moved it after adding a camera piggy back mount there was not enough movement to adjust so a bit of modding was necessary. Unscrew and prop up the mount plate that the RDF is sitting on.

Archived