Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New CCD camera ordered

Davey-T

I recently received a sad letter from my bank telling me a sob story about how they could no longer afford the 1.2% interest they were paying me and they'd have to reduce it to .8% in order to maintain their life style.

So I've voted with my feet and emptied and closed the account and am investing the money in something more worth while, a QSI383 CCD camera and 8 position filter wheel, should be here in a couple weeks ready for the darker skies.

Dave

I think you are being somewhat unfair to the banks. do you not realise how much it costs them to fork out bonuses for poorly executed business plans? No? Neither do they aparently :)

I think your new venture will bring far greater joy than anything a banker can offer ;)

ENJOY

I recently received a sad letter from my bank telling me a sob story about how they could no longer afford the 1.2% interest they were paying me and they'd have to reduce it to .8% in order to maintain their life style.

So I've voted with my feet and emptied and closed the account and am investing the money in something more worth while, a QSI383 CCD camera and 8 position filter wheel, should be here in a couple weeks ready for the darker skies.

Dave

Good on you Dave.

I really like the QSI cameras. I hope you get the same pleasure that I have had from them. Really solidly built.

Probably built on more solid foundations and respected than any of the Banks! I've had similar letters from the likes of Virgin, did exactly the same. Took the bull by the horns so to speak.

One point though, watch the supply voltage, they don't like over 14 volts. Causes a shut down and alarm. Needs to have the power removed to clear it, which is a bit of a pain if you are imaging at the time.

Best of luck anyway, sure you will love the camera.

Derek

Archived