Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

astronomical darkness

faulksy

Astronomical dark at about 4pm here, only gaps in the sky let the rain through...Will be brilliant at elan.

Hwyl!

Ha ha. I was born in Kings Mill hospital and learned immediately to always walk backwards in Mansfield to keep the soot out of my eyes! My Dad was a miner there.

Got to wait until 8th August here, hopefully by then the rain will have stopped and the clouds disappeared...... We seem to have had a summer bypass this year.

Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch..................summer turned into autumn, autumn turned into winter then winter decided to give spring and summer a miss and go strait into autumn.

We've had some darkness (As much as you *can* get in London  :mad: ) since the 24th, or perhaps a little earlier, I don't know as I wasn't getting any kind of connection on holiday.

We've had some darkness (As much as you *can* get in London  :mad: ) since the 24th, or perhaps a little earlier, I don't know as I wasn't getting any kind of connection on holiday.

Yes, it does seem darker even next to downtown Stratford - between the clouds. At least the wind shifts them on a bit, but by then it's near 1am and I have orders for bed (my wife's work kills post-midnight observing)...still, we're getting there, my glass is half-full :)

Archived